Monday 13 July 2015

On track

 
Six weeks down, on track.  Was looking back at the weekly mileage for the period last night (follows a fluctuating pattern, depending on whether I have Amy with me for the alternate weekend), reads ok - 85, 92, 80, 114 and a half, 84, 125 and three quarters.  Count those fractions!!!  Yesterday I did a 29 in 4.32, under 9 and a half average, rounded off with 8.50, 8.36, 8.22, pretty strong all the way, within the comfort zone, had already done nearly a ton on the week prior, getting into my stride now, starting to eat up the work.  All good.  Need to repeat, avoid injury, keep the intensity low, listen to my body and keep pushin' on!
 
Got another two weeks of this, planning an 80ish this week, then 130 plus next, then I will come down for a week to 30ish with Amy for a week's holiday, then back up to 130ish, then another holiday week of 30ish, then 3 more heavy weeks, then 2 weeks taper, then game on.  I'm thinking the holiday weeks will work now, will allow the training effect to take place and give some ebb and flow.
 
I'm starting to have faith in the training I've devised and I can feel it working. 
 
Just need to keep on track for the next fortnight, and the strong 8 week block foundation for Tooting will be there.
 
Beautiful!


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment