Friday 10 July 2015

Big Rocks

 
As the classic on-line wisdom says, put your big rocks in first, or you may not get them in at all.  What are the big rocks in your life?  Mine is my beautiful daughter, Amy, 11 years old and full of fun.  The other day she said to me, 'Dad, I've got two new rules in life!'  This sounds interesting, I thought, 'What are they, darling?'  'Well' she said, 'the first is, always try new things.'  'That's a good one', I said, 'and the second rule?'  'Think before you do things', Amy replied.  Then we looked at each other for a couple of seconds.  Then we both laughed for a very long time.
 
Coming in a long way second in the big rock list is running.  That big rock is also going ok at the mo.  I should be on 86 miles since Monday morning by tonight, then the plan is two 5's tomorrow, followed by a 29 Sunday for the 125. 
 
It's all very slow.
 
And everything aches.
 
But so long as nothing breaks.....
 
It all counts.
 
Keep pushin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment