Thursday 25 June 2015

Getting there

 
Tuesday night's run - the average pace is a bit misleading, included 3 stops at the house for drinks, letting the clock run, a couple of delays for trains at the level crossing and 4 fairly steep hills, about a quarter of a mile plus each time, pace was nearer 9.15's, all within the comfort zone.  Third one of this length or longer in 10 day period.  Last 3 weeks, 85, 92, 80 (including weekend I had my daughter Amy so only 10 miles in last 3 days of week) - beginning to absorb it, very tired but no injury issues, just niggles. 
 
First week over the ton this week, then the next 4 weeks are crucial before I have Amy for a week's hol, and then another one a fortnight later.  Need 5 weeks of consistent high mileage before that hard week/easy week period, with at least one run a week of this kind of length or more, preferably two.  If I can achieve that, game on for Tooting.
 
The two crucial things are to keep batting away at it and to stay positive.  Things are beginning to come together. 
 
I likee.  I likee a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment