Monday 17 August 2015

Counting Down

 
Well, 3 weeks heavy volume stuff to go, then a fortnight taper.  Since I last blogged here, rounded off that week at 144, then Amy's first holiday week at 26 and 1/3, then back up to 145 and 1/2, then the second hol week just gone at 26 and 3/4.  Have done 500 crunches a day during the hol weeks, all helps.
 
I'm more or less where I want to be, got the confirmed field for Tooting and had a butcher's at the contenders, it's a bit stacked at the sharp end, but I can only control what I can do, so I'm just concentrating on that.  I will most likely aim to go 150/85/150 from here, then come down for a fortnight before the race.  My bro Matt is going to be support crew, so that is a result, it will be a family affair.
 
It's about having faith in the training I've done and not buggering it up from here on in, 3 weeks of what I've done before, slow heavy volume work, imprinting the default setting of running slowly under the weight of deep fatigue, specificity coupled with positive thinking, build the confidence, rehearse the feelings, and the hay will be in the barn.  
 
21 days' more work.  
 
Finishing touches.
 
Nothing fancy, nothing new, no heroics.
 
Business as usual.
 
It's close, now.
 
Come on then.


No comments:

Post a Comment